Bogie Dual Reverb 25 - Giant Pack (251 profiles)
Seeking to recreate the sound of a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Rectoverb 25
The Dual Reverb 25 is the Bogie response to the new guitarists trend: have a big cranked up tone using a low wattage amp.
This amp was born after the great success of the Mini-Recto head and was released in 3 version, a combo with a 75 watt Fillmore speaker, a rack-mounted version head and a classic short sized head.
2 channel, very easy to use ,has pretty the same controls and features of the “old” single rectifier amp, out of stock now.
The first channel is a clean one, you can use the “push” mode to add more bite and smooth distortion on it, the second channel is a classic recto style one, with “vintage” and “modern” modes.
A LOOK INTO PROFILING SESSION
We had the possibility to profile the “combo” mode, even if it was actually not profiled as a combo, due to the poor quality, in our opinion, of the original Fillmore speaker. So we unplugged the original speaker using a huge number of cabinet and speakers, as for every Choptones Kemper profiles pack.
The profiling session asked us to use in some profiles an additional “Eq” in the FX loop of the amp, a great Mesa Boogie five band grafic eq, that allowed more scooped tones.
- EVH 5150III 4x12 loaded with Celestion G12EVH
- Hughes&Kettner 4x12 loaded with Celestion G12M
- Custom Audio Amplifiers 4x12 loaded with Celestion Creamback 75
- Engl 4x12 loaded with Celestion V60
- Marshall 4x12 loaded with Celestion G12T75, V30, G12C, G12V, V-Type, Classic Lead 80, Creamback 75
- Marshall 4x12 loaded with Eminence Governor, Scumback H75
- Randall 4x12 loaded with Celestion V30
- Mesa Boogie 4x12 loaded with Celestion V30, G12EVH, C90, Lynchback
- Mesa Boogie 4x12 loaded with Scumback J75
- Soldano 4x12 loaded with Eminence Legend V12
- Bogner 4x12 loaded with Celestion V30, G12T75
- Krank 4x12 loaded with Eminence Texas Heat
- Orange 4x12 loaded with Celestion V30
- Mesa Boogie 2x12 loaded with Celestion V30
- Fender Twin Cab loaded with Jensen C12K
- Fender Bassman Cab
- Shure SM7, SM57, Modified SM57
- Royer R121, R122
- Sennheiser MD421, MD441, MD21
- Neumann U47, U87, KM84
- AKG C414
- Beyerdynamic M160
- Electrovoice RE20
- Audix i5
- Heil PR30
- Coles 4038
- Audiotechnica AT4050
- Mesa Boogie Grid Slammer
- MXR Berzerker OD
- MXR Wylde OD
- Protone Attack OD
- Fulltone OCD
- Marshall Bluesbreaker
- MXR Modified OD
- Xotic AC Boost
- Suhr Riot
Modern metal context, lots of high gain tones, seven string guitar for a deep beefy sound. The sound is actual BOOGIE, creamy powerful and never to fizzy.
N25: 2 channel modern mode, boosted with MXR Berzerker OD pedal, Mesa Boogie standard 4x12 Cab Celestion V30 equipped, 2 x Shure SM57 for microphoning. Mesa Boogie Five Band Eq added.
Speedy modern metal riffage, Ibanez Komrad 20 and a really big Rectifier sound.
N79: 2 Channel modern mode, boosted with MXR Berzerker OD pedal, Mesa Boogie standard 4x12 Cab Celestion EVH equipped, Shure am-57 + Royer R-121 for microphoning.
N37: 2 channel modern mode, boosted with MXR Berzerker OD pedal, Mesa Boogie standard 4x12 Cab Celestion V30 equipped, Shure Sm-57 for microphoning
N70: 2 Channel modern mode, boosted with MXR Wylde OD pedal, Bogner 4x12 Cab Celestion G12T75 equipped, Shure sm-57 for microphoning.
N71: 2 Channel modern mode, boosted with MXR Wylde OD pedal, Bogner 4x12 Cab Celestion G12T75 equipped, Beyerdynamic M160 for microphoning.
N73: 2 Channel modern mode, boosted with MXR Wylde OD pedal, Bogner 4x12 Cab Celestion G12T75 equipped, Neumann for microphoning.
N60: 2 Channel modern mode, boosted with MXR Wylde OD, Soldano 4x12 Cab loaded with Eminence Legend V12 speakers, Shure SM57